2012-03-03

The Fault in Our Stars - John Green (2)

This book is good in so many way, but one thing I find hictarical is that John Green has inclued some Swedish rapers and mentions Swedish songs from farely famous Swedish bands in Sweden. I know of them of course but I don't know how John Green came across them(maybe I should ask him on twitter). I have bookmarked the pages where this is mentioned, but I will not quote it here because it's just greater when you know the bands and the songs.
Instead I will share this:

Once I'd recovered, we went inside and sat down on the couch right next to each other, the laptop half on his (fake) knee and half on mine. "Hot," I said of the laptop's base.
"Is it now?" He smiled. Gus loaded this giveaway site called Free No Catch and together we wrote an ad.
"Headline?" he asked.
"'Swing Set Needs New Home,'" I said.
"'Desperately Lonely Swing Set Needs Loving Home,'" he said.
"' Lonely, Vaguely Pedophilic Swing Set Seeks the Butts of Children,'" I said.
He laughed. "That's why."
"What?"
"That's why I like you. Do you realize how rare it is to come across a hot girl who creates an adjectival version of the word pedophile? You are so busy being you that you have no idea how utterly unprecedented you are."


No comments:

Post a Comment