2012-03-02

The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger (4)

I feel like Dorothy, when her house crash-landed in Oz and the world turned from black and white to color. We're not in Kansas anymore.
---

People don't appear and disappear the way you do. You're like the Cheshire Cat.
--

"Well, I don't feel like a spirit. Or a fictional character.
"How do you know?? I mean, if I was making you up, and I didn't want you to know you were made up, I just wouldn't tell you, right?" I wiggled my eyebrows at her.
"Maybe God just mad us up and He's not telling us."
---

The bathroom is tiny. I feel like Alice in Wonderland, grown huge and having to stick my arm out the window just so I can turn around.
---

"I still don't get it. I mean, I can see you not wanting your parents to know you were playing Lolita to his Humbert Humbert, but I don't get why you couldn't tell us. We would have been totally into it. I mean, we spent all this time feeling sorry for you, and worrying about you, and wondering why you, were such a nun-" Helen shakes here head.
"And there you were, screwing Mario the Librarian the whole time-" I can't help it, I'm blushing.
"I was not screwing him the whole time."
"Oh, come, on."
"Really! We waited till I was eighteen. We did it on my birthday."

No comments:

Post a Comment