2012-01-14

I am Legend - Richard Matheson.

I read this book during Christmas in my parents home in Sweden. I didn't know so much about it, except the crappy trailer I've seen for the movie (that I haven't and don't want to watch).
I said to myself, I'm just going to see what this book is and see if I want to finish it. I stayed up until my eyes couldn't stay open anymore and had a book hungover the next day at the breakfast table. My parents just laughed when I explained it.
A vampire book and I still highlighted quotes about love.

To die, he thought, never knowing the fierce joy and attendant comfort of a loved one's embrace. To sink into that hideous come, to sink them into death and, perhaps, return to sterile, awful wanderings. All without knowing what is was to love and be loved.
That was a tragedy more terrible then becoming a vampire.


Forgive me, too. I didn't mean to hit you, it nearly killed me to do it. But I was so frigtened of what you'd do when you found out. Forgive me for having to lie to you about so many thing.
But believe this:
When we were together in the darkness, close to each other, I wasn't spying on you.
I was loving you.

No comments:

Post a Comment