2012-01-31

No one belongs here more then you - Miranda July

A friend recommended me "No one belongs here more then you". I don't read enough of short stories. I've never seen or read anything that Miranda July has done or been in, so I gave it a shot and found these quotes (so far).

One reason Helena and I would never be close friends is that I am about half as tall as she. People tend to stick to their own size group because it's easier on the neck. Unless they are romantically involved, in which case the size difference is sexy. It means: I am willing to go the distance for you.


This is my problem in life, I rush through it, like I'm being chased. Even things whose whole point is slowness, like drinking relaxing tea. When I drink relaxing tea, I suck it down as if I'm in a contest for who can drink relaxing tea the quickest. Or if I'm in a hot tub with some other people and we're all looking up at the stars, I'll be the first to say, It's so beautiful here. The sooner you say, It's beautiful here, the quicker you can say, Wow, I'm getting overheated.

No comments:

Post a Comment